كتب ناصر قنديل Nasser Kandil wrote: Yemen:the failure of the campaign on Al Hodeidah
- Despite the passage of forty months of the full war on the Yemenis based on the indiscriminate destruction and massacres under Saudi-UAE-American-Israeli partnership and the mobilization of huge financial intelligence, and military capacities to end the force of the resistance represented by Ansar Allah, the war is still an impasse in front of ending the crisis in Yemen.
- The most important attempt which aimed at pushing the former President Ali Abdullah Saleh to coup against his allying with Ansar Allah in changing the balances of forces and in overthrowing the capital Sana'a failed after the failure in recapturing Taiz, besieging Saada, and stopping the missiles on the Saudi depth.
- The new campaign which was prepared in media and for which many crowds and capacities have been mobilized, along with the destructive bombardment has targeted Al Hodeidah port as the only marine crossing of Sana'a despite that the port is subject to a tight sea blockade. All the UN attempts to reactivate it by virtue of humanitarian considerations of a country that lives suffocating famine failed.
- The campaign in its first steps succeeded in achieving a progress in the open areas, but soon it was faced with serious complexities and obstacles that prevented its reaching to the target city due to the steadfastness and the fight of Ansar Allah, army units, and committees. Therefore the intended announced date for entering to the port and the airport fell according to the Saudi spokesman who has assigned Thursday to be the end of the process through a press conference after it was known that this seems as a declaration of victory.
- The campaign failed and the talk about mines and bombardment as reasons of hindering has started as if they are not expected in that war.
Translated by Lina Shehadeh,
عدد القراءت (112)