كتب ناصر قنديل Nasser Kandil wrote: Pre and Post - Al Ghouta
- Certainly, the US desire to bet on imposing a military change in Syria was related to the preservation of Al Ghouta as a barrack equipped with weapons and militants, while the similar US desire to divide Syria was related to the keeping of Al Ghouta strong and capable of connecting with Tanf base across Badia.
- The projects of invading Damascus from Al-Ghouta and the division of Syria across Tanf were postponed, because the conditions were not appropriate, each of them means a war that is beyond the capacity of Al Ghouta’s gangs and what can be granted by America and its allies, but the hope was exist as long as Al Ghouta was exist.
- The liberation of Al Ghouta ends the two files together. Now Syria is involved in completing having control on the rest of its geography, so everyone must prepare for such a moment.
- Those concerned are America, Turkey, and Israel after Saudi Arabia was alienated with the liberation of Al Ghouta.
- The Turks say that they will withdraw when the political solution is achieved.
- America and Israel together cannot do that, because their issue is the security of Israel and now Syria is recovered and strong in its alliances, constants, army, and president.
- Now we are witnessing an on a hot tin - negotiation, if the goal was to change the balances, it would be before the liberation of Al Ghouta, because what is post- liberation of Al Ghouta is different from its pre-liberation.
Translated by Lina Shehadeh,
عدد القراءت (902)