كتب ناصر قنديل Nasser Kandil wrote: The Saudi-American hysteria
- The media and the diplomatic campaigns which suddenly target Syria by each of Washington and Riyadh cannot be described under titles that are unrelated to justifying event, but only after America and Saudi Arabia received harsh Syrian slap that they cannot admit publically.
- When the Syrian state controls the strongholds of Al Nusra front and its allies in the neighborhoods of Damascus, neither Saudi Arabia not America can announce the solidarity with Al Nusra but the talk about the concern of displacement and the demographic change.
- When the Syrian army succeeds in reaching to sensitive points at the depth of hundred kilometer of the Syrian Badia, and when it approaches to the borders points with Iraq seizing them from ISIS, then neither Riyadh nor Washington can show the solidarity with ISIS, the talk revolves about files invented by the Americans to undermine the morale of the Syrians and to exert pressure on their government and their ally Russia.
- On the eve of the visit of the US President to Saudi Arabia, and in coincidence with agitating the southern front of Syria towards the Iraqi borders to have control on the relationship between Syria and Iraq, the Syrian army prevented them and surprised them with its faster accomplishment than their thoughts and expectations.
- They are shocked because having control on the Syrian-Iraqi borders equals in the chess of war the shift of checkmate.
- So Checkmate.
Translated by Lina Shehadeh,
عدد القراءت (412)