كتب ناصر قنديل Nasser Kandil wrote: The war of the Syrian Badiya
- Within a few days the Syrian army proceeded inside Al Badiya from the countryside of Homs and Damascus having control on a front which its width is eighty kilometers towards the depth of one hundred kilometer, which means nearly as the distance of Lebanon.
- This area which is bordered by the Euphrates River in the north, the Jordanian-Iraqi borders in the south and east, and the linking line between the airports of Damascus and Al Shuairat in the west forms the gateway with Iraq.
- This area is the alternative shelter for ISIS which isanticipated by America, just for that the raids on the Syrian army focused on itsoutskirts from Deir Al-Zour, Palmyra, Al Shuairat, the airport of Damascus, towards the airport of Mazzeh.
- This area is the oil, gas,phosphate reserves as natural resources, and a source for generating electricity which is needed by Syria.
- Strategically, this area is the linking line with Iran and its supply to Syria and the resistance.
- Through the control of the Syrian army on Al-Badiya and its reaching to the Iraqi borders the Iraqi-Syrian economic and military integration is secured.
- The popular crowd meets the Syrian army on the opposite side of the borders.
- According to the American perspective the two wars of Mosul and Raqqa are to drive ISIS to the Syrian and Iraqi Badiya.
- According to the Iraqi and the Syrian perspective the two wars of Mosul and Raqqa are to close the outlets of Al Badiya against ISIS.
Translated by Lina Shehadeh,
عدد القراءت (457)